Tokyo VR Startups (TVS) have launched an incubation program focused on the Japanese virtual reality (VR) market. In this program, Japan-based startup companies will be invited to develop prototypes of VR products and services for six months (January to June 2016) for potential future global deployment. Participants will be supported with dedicated seed funding, workspaces, and back-office services. Additionally, throughout the program, TVS mentors, TVS staff, and gumi Inc. will work together to support the participants with expert guidance, development and business support.
Hironao Kunimitsu, CEO of gumi Inc. and Tokyo VR Startups, said:
TVS has invited the following specialists as TVS mentors:
• Takahiko Akiyama, CEO at 4Dbrain Inc.
• Naoki Aoyagi, Senior Vice President at GREE, Inc.
• Eiji Araki, Vice President at GREE, Inc.
• Tipatat Chennavasin, Partner at The Venture Reality Fund
• Yoshiharu Gotanda, CEO and CTO at tri-Ace, Inc.
• Kazuyuki Hashimoto, Senior Director, Entertainment Technology at NVIDIA Japan
• Shigeo Maruyama, Director at Two 4 Seven, Inc., Former Chairman at Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. and Former CEO at Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.
• Shun Sasaki, CEO at historia Inc.
• Akihito Shoji, President and CEO at DELiGHTWORKS Inc.
• Yoichi Wada, Former CEO at SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
• Makoto Yamaguchi, Senior Executive Director of Content Creation and Distribution Department at Fuji Television Network, Inc.