Hinterland Studios have today confirmed a Hotfix for The Long Dark, an update that intends to fix many of the issues suffered throughout the Xbox One and Steam. Hot fixes are a single, cumulative package including information (often in the form of one or more files) that is used to address a problem in a software product, for example, a software bug.
Below is a confirmed list of bug fixes from The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha to v.258:
- Fixed bug with long survival times not increasing in very rare cases.
- Fixed issue with button collision being offset at certain resolutions.
- Fixed bug with Invert-Y not changing when modified in Options.
- Reduced brightness of snow at night.
- Fixed issue with falling out of world when loading save after falling through ice.
- Fixed problem with containers not restoring to correct location if previously stuck to ground.
- Fixed issue with confirmation dialog input being processed by UI underneath the dialog.
- Fixed bug with wolves sometimes making unprovoked attacks on players in Pilgrim Mode.
- Fixed issue with blood hit effects not playing on wolves.
- Increased wolf detection range for footstep audio when feeding.
- Fixed interior reset issue when spawning inside an interior (Xbox One only)
The Long Dark is still in Early Access through Steam and Game Preview on the Xbox One.