Developer, Team Fractal Alligator and indie label, Surprise Attack Games, have announced that Hacknet, the smash hit terminal-based hacking game, is now available for Linux and Mac gamers.
Hacknet is a terminal-based hacking game using real UNIX commands and abstractions of real hacking processes. The game tells the tale of Bit, a hacker responsible for creating the most invasive security system on the planet. When he is murdered, his failsafe kicks in, sending instructions to a lone user who can help unravel the mystery and ensure that Hacknet-OS doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
Matt Trobbianni, developer of Hacknet;
Launching for Windows PC’s in August 2015, close to 100,000 gamers have purchased Hacknet to date and it enjoys an overwhelmingly positive (>95%) user review rating on Steam.
- Hacknet is now available for Linux and Mac
- A terminal-based hacking game using real UNIX commands
- Linux and Mac porting through the FNA
- Launched for Windows in August 2015, it has sold just under 100k copies to date
- Available from Steam, Humble Store, GOG.com and other digital retailers for US$9.99