With less than a week to go We Happy Few has surpassed its goal of CAD $250,000! through Kickstarter. Over 5,800 backers have contributed to Compulsion’s drug-fuelled title, making the initiative a jubilant success.
For Compulsion Games it’s now onto hitting some of their stretch goals! Sandbox Mode, more Uncle Jack Shows, or even the option to play as a Wellie? There are still a 4 days left to the campaign, and you can make it happen:
Remember, backers who pledge at the CAD $60 tier gain access to the pre-alpha when the campaign ends on July 4!
More about We Happy Few,
We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of slightly terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful delusion. Set in a drug-fuelled, retro-futuristic city in an alternative history 1964 England, you’ll have to blend in with its other citizens, who don’t take kindly to people who don’t abide by their not-so-normal rules.
- A procedurally generated world: Each time you die or beat the game, your next adventure through Wellington Wells will be different. Forget about relying on the city’s layout to escape!
- A sophisticated suspicion system: The inhabitants of Wellington Wells expect you to behave in very specific ways—if they suspect you’re not taking your Joy, they’ll quickly identify you as a Downer.
- Frenzied combat: Downers aren’t very popular in Wellington Wells. In fact, Wellies tend to get a bit violent whenever one walks by.
- Twisted survival mechanics: In this urban setting, avoiding the Wellies’ fury often means hiding in plain sight.
- An elaborate crafting system: Salvage supplies and Joy-tainted food to stay alive, but be careful not to overdose!
Below is a video showing off 15 minutes of Pre-Alpha Gameplay.