Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is coming out of Early access on the 20th August on Steam. The fairytale co-op adventure has been a huge hit with gamers with the series selling 7 million copies so far.
The game has benefited from the early access stage with the developers adding more content to their game.
“It’s been an amazing few months for our first 3D Trine game, and we’ve learned a lot in this time. On behalf of all of Frozenbyte, I’d like to thank everyone who participated and helped us with your feedback. We’ve come a long way since the start of Early Access, and we’ve been cooking up some neat changes in the past couple of months after the latest update.”
The current price for Trine 3 stands at $19.99 but on full release will increase to $21.99. Frozenbyte will be adding the soundtrack by Ari Pulkkinen to the package.
The windows version is available on GOG, Steam and Humble with Mac and Linux ones in development. Trine 3 will also be releasing on consoles in the future.
Here’s the official description
Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is a fairytale journey which takes you on a quest with three heroes: Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief. The heroes try to return their extraordinary gifts to the Artifact called Trine, and so they meddle with powers beyond their understanding. Trine shatters. With a literally heartless ancient sorcerer on the loose, and only a broken artifact to guide them, the heroes must try and repair the damage they’ve caused… or the damage that might yet be done.
- Online and Local Co-op – Up to three players can play online and local co-up. Any mix is possible (for example 2 local, 1 online) and you can switch from singleplayer to multiplayer and vice versa. Play with your Steam friends and explore the secrets together!
- Challenge Levels – The ultimate test to your skills, the Challenge Levels feature the most incredible contraptions, character-driven design, and ridiculous puzzles. Collect experience shards to unlock more Challenge Levels.
- Soundtrack – Award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen returns for an amazing fantasy soundtrack! The feels, man.
- Fantastic Fantasy – Adventure through breathtakingly beautiful landscapes in an enchanting fairytale world, and for the first time ever explore the Trine world in a full 3D setting, allowing you to go check out all the nooks and crannies that have been so alluring in the past.
- Full Language Support for English – The game features full language support for English (voice + subtitles on/off). Other languages coming later during Early Access (ask the discussions for specific details).