Roberts Space Industries, the company behind the hugely popular Star Citizen space simulation game have announced today that the game’s Alpha 2.0 version is now available for all backers to play. The major milestone comes as Star Citizen is fast closing in on another milestone, more than $100 million in crowd funding. Star Citizen is recognized by the Guinness World Records for being the top crowd funded project and top crowd funded game in the world.
Roberts Space Industries had the following to say;
Some of the other features in Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 are:
- EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity) – drift out of your ship’s airlock and venture into the void of space and back
- 20+ random encounters – combat and exploration (lost wrecks and abandoned space stations)
- Quantum travel – travel in ships through the vastness of space at 0.2 the speed of light
- New flyable ships including the Constellation, the Retaliator and the Vanguard.
- Large world tech – explore extremely large expanses of space seamlessly, without loading screens
- Locations to explore:
- One planet (Crusader)
- Three moons
- Three distinct space stations
- One repair/restock station
- Nine comm arrays
- Wreckage to scavenge and never-ending battles in the Yela asteroid belt
…and much more
Fans of Star Citizen continue to support the game in record numbers. There are now more than one-million “citizens.” There are more than 32-thousand fan-created organizations, the largest of which numbers more than 11-thousand people. Many players are active participants in forums, fan events, live streams, social media, and other events designed to give backers direct access to the dev team creating the game.
Roberts Space Industries;
Star Citizen is 100% crowd funded and was officially announced on October 10, 2012. The money raised by backers pays for the development of the game including the Roberts Space Industries platform where fans and backers can interact with the team, view multiple weekly webcasts about Star Citizen, learn about the story behind the game, read constant updates on the game’s progress and much more. Star Citizen is recognized by Guinness World Records as the top crowd funded project and game in the world. People interested in backing the project can do so HERE.