Developers, Unfold Games have taken to IndigoGoGo to get their psychological horror game DARQ funded. DARQ is unique because it is set in Zero Gravity during a lucid dream. The Independent developers are looking to raise $20,000 over the next 36 days and are also running a STEAM Greenlight Campaign alongside the current crowdfunding.
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who becomes aware of the fact that he is dreaming. To Lloyd’s misfortune, the dream quickly turns into a nightmare and all attempts to wake up end in failure. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns how to survive the nightmare by bending the laws of physics and manipulating the fluid fabric of the dream world.
DARQ’s Features Include;
- Unique artstyle combining 2d and 3d graphics.
- Shining-like pacing
- Music written by Hollywood film composer Wlad Marhulets.
- Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics
- Emphasis on sound – some parts of the game involve navigating the environment in complete darkness
- Randomly generated elements of the gameplay. No walkthrough is the same.
- Multiple endings, depending on the choices you make throughout your journey.
DARQ is scheduled for release in later 2016 for the PC, Mac and Linux.