Amplitude Studios has today announced that the popular roguelike PC title Dungeon of the Endless will release on Xbox One on Wednesday March 16. An updated user interface, improved control scheme as well as 2-4 player Xbox Live multiplayer will all be part of the new console version. The game initially released in October 2014 with a very good reception from players and critics alike.
[box type=”shadow” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=””]“Being our first game on Xbox One, we have completely rebuilt it with a sensible, intuitive control scheme and an improved user interface, while keeping the tough addictive nature perfectly in tune with the PC original,” said Romain de Waubert de Genlis, creative director at Amplitude Studios. “We dare you to beat it on Easy mode.” [/box]
The Xbox One version of Dungeon of the Endless offers the same intense rogue-like, strategic dungeon-defense as the original while featuring updated user interface and controls specially tailored for the console. Crash-landed on an alien planet, players must explore and manage a team of heroes, survive and fight their way to the surface in a maze of randomly generated dungeons.
Dungeon of the Endless on Xbox One Features:
- Rebuilt for the Xbox One, Dungeon of the Endless offers an improved interface and updated control scheme.
- Two- to four-person Xbox Live cooperative multiplayer gameplay.
- A distinct rogue–like, do-or-die play-style that encourages teamwork and cooperation in multiplayer.
- Randomly created dungeons for a new gameplay experience each time you play.
- Technology and resource management abilities including the skilful handling of Dust, Food, Industry and Science to keep one’s team alive and prepared for battle.
- Endless replayability with unlockable ships that will renew your game experience.