A new update is rolling out today for Xbox One members enlisted in the consoles Preview Program. The new update brings with it some key fixes for video applications as well as a couple brand new features to the Xbox One dashboard. The stand out new feature in today’s update allows players to purchase Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible titles for the next 24 hours via Game Hubs and Activity Feeds.
Here is how to make sure you get the brand new update –
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you were selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to you (today a majority of Preview users will receive this update but a small group will not), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
- If your console has been selected to receive the update and hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PST 3/8/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
The new update fixes some key issues regarding video applications and black screens in games and apps.
Green Screen issues when watching Video:
- Fixed an issue which green screens could appear in some video applications.
Intermittent flickering Black screens:
- Fixed an issue in which black screens would appear, in games, apps or when navigating the dashboard
Preview Programs new update includes new features:
- Purchase Xbox 360 Backward compatible games: Games today will be discoverable via Game hubs and Activity feed and over the next 24 hours the Store programming will be live for a full end to end purchasing experience.
- The Achievements snap app is no longer in the build – please use the guide experience to view your achievement’s progress
If you are a member of Xbox One’s Preview Program make sure to take your update today.