Screencheat is a split-screen multiplayer FPS where everyone is invisible and the only way to eliminate your friends is by looking at their screen. A trailer was released today showcasing the game. No official release date has been announced but the game will be out on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
“When everyone is invisible, players will have to master the art of taking a not-so sneaky look at their opponent’s screens and working out where they are based on uniquely coloured areas of the map and distinctive landmarks. Screencheat pays homage to iconic competitive first-person shooters such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Halo, by blending the elements everyone loves about those games and shaking it up with its own unique take on the genre. When everyone’s used to playing by the rules, can you adapt to unconventional gaming quick enough to get the upper hand?”
- Ten unique weapons – You won’t find any iron sights here, just weapons of chaos like the Blunderbuss, grenade launcher and the Chefolet pulse cannon.
- Ten colourful maps – Each map in Screencheat has been handcrafted to feature distinctive areas and landmarks to help you hunt down your opponents.
- Nine game modes PLUS team variants game mode customisation – Take well known modes, add in a healthy serve of crazy and you’ve got yourself a ton of fun.
- Up to eight player split-screen local and online multiplayer
- Controller support
- Steam achievements + Trading Cards