Deadwood has been fully funded on Kickstarter for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse is an action/adventure game with a unique survival twist. The guys behind it have worked on Bioshock, The Hobbit, Avatar and How to train your Dragon 2 and gave that up to work on this game.
Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse is an action/adventure game with a unique survival twist. You play as Lathe, a teenage woodling and an avid inventor. During your adventures you are accompanied by a stone giant named Roguard. Together you must fight back hordes of wooden zombies, better known as “The Deadwood” and stop the curse from spreading through the land of Knottington.
By day, Roguard will protect you from the deadwood. This will allow you the freedom to explore the land of Knottington. You’ll scavenge for resources and then use those resources to craft your weapons and defenses. Because when the sun sets, Roguard falls asleep, leaving you alone to fight back the deadwood and protect your stone companion. With the right balance of strategy and skill you may just survive the night.
• Zelda meets Don’t Starve. A unique blend of adventuring and survival.
• During the day you explore an open world while solving the mystery of the Forgotten Curse
• During the night you secure and defend yourself and your stone companion from waves of hungry wooden zombies. • An incredible story about an unlikely friendship in a world full of unique characters.
• Scavenge for resources and then build customized weapons and defenses.
• Story-driven side quests encourage players to make assumptions and think outside the box.
Gamers can download a playable demo and see more information over at their kickstarter page.
Here is the trailer that was released when the game first hit Kickstarter.