After rumors and speculation, Nordic Games finally announced today the quirkily titled Darksiders Warmastered Edition to complement the Deathinitive remaster of Darksiders II. The remake will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 25th for 19.99 of your currency or regional equivalent and will feature 4K resolution support for the PC. Nordic has promised comparison shots to be released early next week.
Philipp Brock, PR & Marketing Director at Nordic Games had this to say: “We had a short-lived epidemic of premature emancipation, causing the affected persons to burp out sensitive info a little sooner than planned, but after a minor surgery and some medication, we got it all under control.”
The Warmastered Edition promises the following features:
- PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
- Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
- 4k support and additional video options for PC
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- Better shadow rendering quality
- Post processing effects
- 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 30 for WiiU)
The remaster will be developed by German studio KAIKO which has worked on several projects before, including the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition.