Rise of the Tomb Raider developers, Crystal Dynamics are seemingly recruiting a second development team to work on a new AAA franchise. The developers of the recent Tomb Raider reboot series are currently advertising for a whole host of positions at the studio including Art, Design and Production. Of the positions available through their career page, Crystal Dynamics are hiring an Executive Producer, Game Director, Creative Director, Art Director (Project), Lead Level Designer and Lead Artist. What the project might be is currently unclear but the position for Executive Producer states the following:
Additional information from their career page also appears to indicate that the new title will have multiplayer elements with the Senior Network Engineer being responsible for the ongoing development of networking architecture and online game presence with Crystal Dynamics next title. Other job responsibilities for Network Engineer include the following.
- Design and help implement multiplayer specific systems and community features for our projects
- Prototype game concepts and architectures, working closely with the development team
- Create systems, extending existing components of our proprietary engine
- Own vast sections of our multiplayer game engine.
- Relentlessly improve our online experience.
- Work with designers to specify and cost multiplayer features.
Rise of the Tomb Raider launched last year as a timed Microsoft Exclusive for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 and is currently available on PC with a release date yet to be confirmed for the PlayStation 4.