Battletech developers Harebrained Schemes have hit the final co-funding goal of its breakthrough campaign which unlocks the fan-favorite PVP Multiplayer component of the game. The successful campaign, which was funded within the first hour has continued to gather momentum with all Stretch Goals now fully funded, below are a few campaign highlights and metrics that demonstrate the success of the campaign.
– The Kickstarter campaign hit its initial goal in less than an hour and raised more than $1 Million in the first 24 hours
– More than 36,000 people have backed the project so far
– The average pledge per backer is over $65 (compared to Shadowrun Returns’ average pledge of $48)
Backer Missions have been incredibly successful at further engaging the Global BattleTech Community:
– Hundreds of people are talking about their favorite ‘Mech using #favBTmech
– An alcohol-fueled live stream with co-directors Jordan Weisman, Mitch Gitelman and Mike McCain will take place today at 11am PST/6pm GMT. Join us for what is sure to be an entertaining Q&A session live on Twitch.
For anyone still interesting in backing Battletech, at the moment of this post there are less than 25 hours remaining for the campaign, so head over to the Kickstarter page asap!.