During tonight’s World Premiere for the latest title in the Battlefield franchise DICE, along with Electronic Arts announced Battlefield 1 which will be available worldwide on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC from October 21st, 2016.
Set against the backdrop of the Great War (WW1), Battlefield 1 will take players across a multitude of locations featuring immersive battles. From tight urban fights in a besieged French city, to wide open spaces in the Italian Alps and frantic combats in the deserts of Arabia, players will be able to discover a true world at war through Battlefield 1’s storyline. Only in Battlefield will players be able to bring a horse to a tank fight amidst epic multiplayer modes with up to 64 players, where no battle is ever the same.
Aleksander Grøndal, Senior Producer, DICE
“The game will deliver a fresh experience full of what makes Battlefield great, with a multiplayer sandbox, immersion, epic scale, authenticity, team play and an ever-changing world full of unexpected Battlefield moments. We’re inviting players on an epic journey across a war-torn world, taking them to the Great War and providing something both varied and unique in Battlefield 1.”
Battlefield 1 will include:
- The inclusion of planes, tanks, horseback, gas & gas masks
- Land, sea and air combat, which includes artillery strikes against trenches
- Close-quarters combat which includes flame-throwers and bayonets
- Huge variety of vehicles; light tanks to heavy tanks, fighter planes, bomber planes, horses, plus battleships of all sizes
- Sniping out of a bi-plane
- A variety of different classes, such as medic support and scout, as well as dedicated vehicle classes, including tank officer and pilot
- Campaign will be “grittier” than previous games – built through rock, paper, scissors mentality. Need to adapt style and load out to meet situations.
- Melee combat pushed to the next level
- Enhanced weapon customisation
EA Access and Origin Access members can play Battlefield 1 for a limited time before launch with Play First Trials. EA Access members receive a 10% discount when they purchase a digital version of the game on Xbox Live, and Origin Access members get a 10% discount when they purchase the game through Origin.
Battlefield 1 will launch on October 21st, 2016 Worldwide on Xbox One, Origin for PC and PlayStation 4.