Studio Wildcard is proud to reawaken the world’s primordial desires to play with dinosaurs in the open-world adventure game Ark Survival Evolved which launches today on Steam’s Early Access, players can now dive into this dynamic ecosystem where they will craft weapons, clothing, and tools, build multi-story houses, join and commune with other tribes, and tame, train and ride dinosaurs.
The open-world design of ARK is so big, mysterious, and filled with revelations that gamers will constantly be adapting and learning about its seemingly endless content. This includes a deep level of customization from the very beginning in the character creation screen, enabling highly unique features, from the herculean to the intensely bizarre.
Here is a list of the things players can do in Survival Evolved,
- Join a tribe, plant renewable crops and build an entirely functioning village with a sustainable economy
- Train and level up “pet” dinosaurs to carry allies, inventory and equipment
- Increase levels by experiencing the varied elements that the island has to offer
- Sneak up on unsuspecting survivors, render them unconscious, then steal their gear
- Grab a ringside seat to watch dinosaurs battle to the death
- Maintain individual health by searching out meat sources, plant types, and drinkable water, or starve
- Craft clothing to protect yourself from extreme weather conditions or freeze to death
- Build a deluxe, multi-story house that includes ramps, beams, gates, remote gates, trapdoors, water pipes and faucets, generators, wires, electrical devices and more
ARK: Survival Evolved will be released in the summer of 2016 on PlayStation 4 with Project Morpheus support, Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program, and Steam, including Oculus Rift VR support and a thorough integration of Steam community features such as Steam Economy and Steam Workshop for custom maps and mods. Players will also be able to host private/LAN servers, and have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal 4 Editor for creating mods. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expandin.