505 Games has today revealed the first Poker Roleplaying Game – Prominence Poker will be coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Developed by the creators of World Series of Poker: Full House Pro, Prominence Poker delivers an underground poker experience where your rep is all you have, in a game where a single hand can make all the difference.
Players can create and mold their own poker alter-ego with a detailed character creator, earn experience to build and shape their reputation. The poker mechanics are solid and deep in Prominence Poker as well, with an intricate bluff-and-tell system that allows players to read their opponents for clues on how to win.
Built around unsuspecting and seedy locations, Prominence is a gambling utopia founded by crooked goons, as players go heads-up against four factions and play their way solo to a final showdown with “The Mayor”, the mysterious town founder.
Prominence Poker Key Features include:
- Single Player “Story Mode” – Enter the town of Prominence as just another tourist looking to strike it rich, start off grinding away at The Deck Casino
- Cunning Faction Leaders – Face-off against unscrupulous and colorful characters, build the reputation and bankroll needed to challenge each boss
- Outplay Opponents – Wage big bets in high stakes poker against other crafty gamblers in ring, tournament and heads-up multiplayer modes
- Underground Gambling – Earn your way to backroom games, from the Renegade Biker Bar to the sketchy Prominence Kleaners Laundromat
- Bluff Your Enemies – Read the strength of your opponent hand’s with subtle gestures including speed of play, frequency of card checks and more
- Build Your Rep – Hone your poker skills with each hand played and unlock emotes, special items, prestige and more!
- 3D Character Creator – Customize your avatar from head-to-toe with facial, hair, body and clothing combinations to create your poker alter ego with infinite character variations
- Robust Community – Beyond solo play, gamblers will find a deep multiplayer experience with regularly scheduled events, daily challenges, tournaments, ranked modes and more with future game updates
Starting today, players seeking the thrill of high stakes poker can visit the city of Prominence, a gambling utopia founded by crooked goons, as Prominence Poker enters Closed Beta on Steam, with registration available HERE.
Prominence Poker will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC sometime in 2016.